Here’s some of my favourite resources from April 2014.
- Ampersand used to be a letter in the alphabet. Read about its development in language in this great article from Dictionary.com
- JC Debroize, a creative director for Kerozen, creates an all-too-human typeface as a brand promotion piece. I’m not sure if it’s just plain creepy, or absolutely amazing. Check out Human Type
- This one’s an oldie but a goodie. Christophe Courtois compiled a list of your basic movie poster designs, including one which Gizmodo dubbed “freaking big eye” (you’ll notice most of these are for horror movies). It’s a great example of basic design structure to convey a theme.
- Evelio Mattos recently did an interview with packaging inspiration blog The Dieline. The creative director of Design Packaging, Inc. shared her opinions on what makes packaging luxurious. One I have to agree with: the sound. Read this article here
- My fiancee and I recently did engagement photos with Bini Ball at Magna Vita Photography. Although we’ve only gotten a teaser so far, I’m excited to see the end result!