Here’s some of my favourite articles, web sites and inspiring goodies from April 2015.
- “Work your ass off and don’t be an asshole.” Inspiring words and interesting comparisons from well-known graphic designers are presented in a quirky, Swiss-style infographics in this article, ‘I Used to Be a Design Student.’
- An oldie but a goodie, ‘The 7 Design Sins that Undermine Your Content.’ My favorite is point one: small typesetting. (8 to 11 point is just not not practical for web use any more.)
- Jennifer Williams, an extremely talented boudoir photographer based in rainy Vancouver, BC, shares her own boudoir self-portraits, as well as writes a wonderful article on the use of post-processing to make her clients, and herself, more ‘picture perfect.’ Read the whole article here.
- Web design has come an incredibly long way since 1996. The original movie web site for Warner Bros.’ Space Jam is still online in its original design format.
- Smashing Magazine has a great article on creating a better user experience, entitled ‘Redesigning the Country Selector.’